Most Americans are unaware of what it means to be healthy, but it is always beneficial to have a friendly reminder of what needs to be improved in our daily lifestyles.
They feel an absence of symptoms equals health and many of us don’t realize what health is until it is taken away from us. They feel if a symptom exists, they reach for a pill, potion, or lotion to cover up the symptom until it becomes so severe, they seek medical attention.
At Fogarty Chiropractic, the main pillars of health are nutrition, exercise, sleep, posture, mental health, and spinal well-being. If those pillars of health are maintained, most likely it leads to a happier, more vigorous life which can pave the way for other aspects of life to also improve.
- Nutrition: Eat a balanced diet filled with key vitamins and minerals. If you are unable to consume enough via food, look to supplements and multivitamins. Proper nutrients like Calcium, Vitamin D, and Magnesium aid in spinal growth and support. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water (64 oz per day).
- Exercise: Get active every day, 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise improves blood flow and strengthens your spine.
- Sleep: Avoid poor sleep positions such as stomach laying. Use pillows for proper spinal support. Make sure to get no less than 7 hours of sleep each night to allow for musculoskeletal cell repair and healing.
- Posture: Hold yourself upright (shoulders back, sitting up straight, feet flat on the floor). Avoid crossing your legs and sitting for hours at a time.
- Spinal Well-being: Make sure to routinely get a spinal checkup and adjustment if you are already a chiropractic patient. If not, it is time to start taking care of your spine so you can move and be at your best potential.
Not only do we take care of the spine, but we help in a variety of ways regarding healthy choices. For further questions, call and schedule an appointment at Fogarty Chiropractic at (321) 636-5200.