Avoiding Injuries During the Holiday Season
In the midst of the holiday season, there is nothing worse than getting hurt and having to sit on the sidelines while everyone else is having fun.
Let us give you a few recommendations:
- Be conscious and cautious of your outside surroundings. Tripping hazards are everywhere. (extension cords, gifts, new toys)
- Make time for yourself to stay active. Remember the more you do for yourself, the more you can do for your loved ones. (exercise, yoga, meditate, date night)
- Be sensible on how you decorate. Use a ladder, not the rocking chair to hang your ornaments.
- Wear appropriate and supportive footwear.
- Be careful on how you interact with the children. Piggyback rides can be a risk for one’s spinal health.
If something were to happen, don’t hesitate or try to wait out the pain. Remember the 5 most dangerous words, “maybe it will go away.”
Call and schedule your appointment today with Fogarty Chiropractic Life Clinic at (321) 636-5200.