Do you find yourself hunched forward more often? How about noticing the way your body is compensating by leaning to a particular side while standing or sitting? By making lifestyle changes with the use of chiropractic care, it naturally brings our bodies back into their proper alignment. Maintaining good posture and ergonomics is an essential component to aid in maintaining our alignment.
Posture is an everyday issue for you and others. In today’s age, most people lead sedentary lives on their computers and phones. Sitting puts more pressure, more pounds per square inch on your lower spine than any other position creating nerve pressure affecting your health in many ways. Hunched and slumped are unnatural body mechanics and can have effects on your health. Here are only a few:
- Tension headaches can occur from strained neck muscles.
- Hunched forward may cause fatigue due to a lack of oxygen.
- It can exacerbate gastrointestinal reflux.
- Poor posture can generate pinched nerves in your spine causing back pain.
- Jaw pain may arise from spine misalignment of the cervical spine.
- Poor posture and spinal misalignments can alter your sexual function.
Use the 90/90 rule when sitting in your chair. Make sure elbows and knees are at 90-degree angles. Keep a lumbar pillow in your chair or seat. Hold your mobile devices at eye level and prop up your computer if necessary. Avoid heavy back packs, purses, or wallets in your back pocket. These suggestions are just a few of the recommendations that our clinic can help you with.
If you would like to know more suggestions and get adjusted, call to schedule your appointment today with Fogarty Chiropractic at (321) 636-5200!