Exercise is one of the many facets of life that is needed on a daily basis. Not only does exercise help with overall health, but it also helps protect your back. Here are some suggestions if you are having back issues when on an exercise routine:
- Maintain awareness of having proper posture. Poor posture can affect your level of performance.
- Watch how you are lifting the weights. Always bend at the knees and lift slowly with a straight back.
- Stretch your muscles before and after the workout. For example, stretching the hamstrings helps prevent back pain.
- Pay attention to your body and how it responds to the level of activity. As you get older, the body experiences changes.
- Discuss with a chiropractor on how to approach your activity level relative to your spine.